August 27, 2010

You Make Me Smile

Happy Friday!
As you may know, YMH is sponsoring Sketchy Thursdays Challenge Blog this week. The YMH DT was invited to play along with their sketch so I'm here to share my layout with you today.
Here it is:
When I first saw this sketch I thought "Whoa, that's a lot of circle elements." then I pulled out this beautiful Prima paper called Strawberry Kisses- Daydream. I noticed that those glorious blooms were pretty much in the right place to go along with the sketch so I went with it :) Tucked in there (as part of the circle elements) are my 2 boys when they were little- tear, tear. And those pics definitely have a story to tell and it goes with my title. The journaling happens to also be part of the title. It reads: "Only my boys can make me mad and MAKE ME SMILE in the same sentence!"- and it's so true!!!

I used my Gypsy & Cricut to weld & cut out the title. I used Rose leaves & Prima flowers as photo corners. I also decided to print out my pics in black & white so they would stand out from all the vivid colors & design of the page.

The rest of the DT will be sharing their fab takes on the sketch during the week, so please pop by & check them out.

Thanks for peeking today & have a fab weekend!