December 22, 2012

A Dreamy Pup...with Prima

Good Saturday to you! Well! Christmas is only a few days away!! EEK! Are you ready?!? I'm NOT! LOL We still have some shopping left to do and of COURSE, I happen to catch a stinkin' cold! Oh well, I don't think it could be avoided this time of year. Anyways! I'm not here to talk about me! heeheehee I'm here to share with you a project I created with my sweet pup Pinky modeling for me. Pinky is quite a character and truly a love. She has her own very distinctive personality and LOVES her naps. I couldn't help but snap this picture of her a little while back and I've been wanting to do something with it. I got to thinking about all the beautiful Prima goodies I have to play with that I purchased previously at Your Memories Here that comes in a Prima Goody Bag. If you've never played with some Prima products, now is the perfect time to add it to your last minute Christmas list. They make wonderful projects and fabulous gift giving items! Here, I used a dollar store frame and some watercolor paper to create the perfect background. I applied some Faber-Castell Gelatos to the WC paper then blended the rich colors in with a water brush. Next, I stamped over the bkgd with a Prima stamp inked up with metallic gold ink. I blew it dry with my heat tool and then adhered it down to some Prima DP. I then began to add the Prima embellishments with the canvas pieces being colored with the gelatos as well and then blended with water. I decided to go over the whole thing with some Matte Multi-Medium for a completed look and added strength. In addition, I adhered the flowers down with some Helmar's. The "dreamy" journal card is a Live With Prima Freebie and the Dream adhesive chipboard piece is also Prima. I really enjoyed putting this together and it would make a lovely gift for someone as well.. So, make sure you check out Kristina's store today and pick you up some Prima deliciousness!!