December 1, 2012

A Precious Christmas Treasure













Good Saturday morning to everyone! I trust your weekend is going well so far? I wanted to create this time, a nice way to remember my late dad. I miss him terribly and the holiday season is especially hard. So, I got to thinking....maybe an ornament for the tree? Yeah I said to myself! LOL I got busy looking through my Prima stash and other wonderful crafty goodness I purchased from Your Memories Here and voila! One fantastic way to cherish another memory of my father who was all about technology and nostalgia. Prima makes some fantastic stamp images to meet this prerequisite. I chose the stamp set from the Romantic Novel Collection grab bag. I proceeded to grab Ranger Studio Matte Multi-Medium and applied some Prima Christmas paper from the Christmas Fancy Collection onto some white chipboard I cut out of a piece of cardboard. Then, I distressed the sides of it using my Prima Comfort Craft Tool.( Which BTW, is AWESOME!!!! I can't say enough good things about this handy dandy instrument.:) I went to work over top of the distressing with some Prima chalk ink. Next, I adhered a prima vine flower with pods from the Chronical Collection. I then misted over top of the ornament as well as the flower with Ranger Color Wash in Lettuce. Moving on, I selected the Romance Novel trinkets, whereby I used the black ribbon off of the alphabet one and used it for the ornament attachment. Then finished it off with some stamped sentiment in Black Coal Prima chalk ink "Love U Dad" and "To Dad" using the Prima Press. I forgot to mention that when I created the hole with my Crop-A-Dile for the charms, I used a rivet through the hole to add some extra support. Thank you so much for sharing in this with me! I feel blessed to have had such a wonderful dad and feel especially happy to be able to honor his memory in this way. Thanks for looking and have a great rest of your day!!