February 23, 2011

A Bit of Spring

Hi Everyone.

A few weeks ago, Punxsutawney Phil popped out of his hole and declared that spring was on its way.  Well, not here.   Last week, it was cold, and rainy, and completely icky outside.  I decided to brighten my day by creating a bit of sunshine for my home.


I found these little birdhouses in the wood section of my local Michaels store.  With just a few scraps of beautiful papers (including some gorgeous Prima), bits of ribbon, lace, and of course a few Prima flowers, and  bling, I was able to create a fun little home decor project to brighten up my home.

I started by using some Tattered Angels glimmer mist on the base of the houses. Your Memories Here has great mists to match your paper, and it is so much easier than trying to paint the little houses.   Then cut the papers to size.

I added bits of trim

some flowers and bling
And I was finished.

These little houses really brighten my day when I walk by them.  I hope they brighten your's as well.

Hugs.

Nancy