February 5, 2011

OLW meets Prima

I know we're in the start of February, but I only just got my January page finished for my One Little Word class I'm in over at Big Picture Classes. I've been enjoying reading about Ali Edwards and her use of One Little Words (OLW) in her life. In fact, I applied it to my life two years ago with "grow" and tried last year but honestly forgot about my word. This year I've been needing something different and really like the concept of OLW so I am trying again. January has been a struggle for me in trying to find some "balance", but I feel it. This was the page we were to create for January. I used some of my leftover Live with Prima kit I got from YMH. One of the great things about these kits is the amount of extra goodies you have after finishing the project.

The patterned paper is a mix of Prima's Heartstrings, Love Letter, and miss pretty. Even the butterflies were punched from scraps of those papers and then highlighted with some distress ink.

One the middle card in the top row I covered the patterned paper with the packaging that some of the flowers came on in the LWP kit and the stamped frame on the second row is from Prima's Fontology. I do feel that my word need to be a little heavier though.


The bottom row was created using the corner Heartstrings as I really liked how the paper looked there and by having the lines reach all the way to the other card gave it some balance I thought. I am really like how simple the layout is too. If you haven't checked out LWP kits over at YMH you must. In fact, Kristina just put up the latest LWP kit that was taught last night.