February 14, 2011

The Family Photo

Happy Monday AND Happy Valentine's Day to all of the YMH blog fans! This is Emily with another project using some products that you can find in the YMH store. I hope you are all enjoying this Valentine's Day with your loved ones. I went out for sushi this weekend with my boyfriend. We had a great time... except I really need practice using those chopsticks. I saw kids my son's age at the restaurant who could work the chopsticks better than me! I am going to buy a pair just so I can practice! 

 For today's project, I have a wall hanging that I created for our house. We took a family photo this past Christmas, and I really love how it turned out. We don't have many photos of all of us together, so I really wanted to do something special with it. And since I am a scrapbooker, and you all understand this, we can't just put our photos in a basic frame! We have to fancy up our photos! 


For the hanging I took two 8x8 clipboard Bind it All covers and covered them with some patterned papers. I used my Bind it All to punch holes in the bottom of one of the covers and the top of the other so that I could use some ribbon and put them together. I added our family photo and used some Prima Trim around the photo as a cute frame. 


After framing the photo with the lace trim, I added some embellishments such as more Prima Flowers, and Prima Mini Roses in the corner. 

A closeup of the flowers and the trim.... 




After completing the top half of the hanging with a few more embellishments and some Thickers for the word Family, I decorated the bottom half. Of course I added more Prima flowers, and even some Prima Say it in Crystals swirls.  I found a perfect quote on family and added it as well. I used Distress Ink on the quote so that it would blend with the other colors in the project. 


After everything was added, I applied a generous amount of Tattered Angel's Glimmer Mist in Pearl to the entire project to give it some shimmer and sparkle! 

I hope you have enjoyed my project for the day and I'll see you next Monday with another project for Your Memories Here!!