February 7, 2011

Just have Faith...


Good morning! Happy Monday to you all! This is Emily, with my first post for Your Memories Here, and I am very excited to be here! I am so excited to share today's project with you. I have been playing with canvas a lot recently, and have been creating a lot of home decor for the house. Today's project is another one of my home decor pieces.


Today's project is a canvas I created to remind me that I should always have faith. Sometimes, I need a little reminder, so I thought I would created this piece to remind me that having faith is important. 


I first covered my canvas with two coats of Gesso to prime it. After the Gesso dried,  I then sprayed some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist all over it to give it a shimmery background color. What is fun about creating projects like this, is that you can make this any colors you want! The Your Memories Here store has some great Glimmer Mist colors in stock to choose from! 

After the Glimmer Mist dried (with a little help from my hair dryer!) I added some Prima Say it in Crystals Swirls to opposite corners of the canvas. I took three Prima flowers spritzed with some Glimmer Mist and adhered them to the bottom right. The letters are Thickers that I covered in white Gesso because I didn't like the original color of the letters. So, if you don't like the color of your letters, remember, you can always change that! The butterfly is a Prima butterfly... you can also find these in the Store as well! 

Here are a few closeup shots of the canvas.




Thank you for allowing me to share my first project with you! I can't wait to show you what I have in store for you next week. If you have any questions for me regarding this project and any techniques I used, leave me a comment and I will reply! 

Remember, Your Memories Here still has some of the Prima Grab Bags available in three different sizes!! These are full of a mixture of the newest releases from Prima that debuted at Winter CHA 2011!! You won't have many chances such as this!! 

And don't forget to check out the other ladies projects... they are gorgeous!!!