November 28, 2011

Forever Missed- DT Project

Its yet another Monday and I am so excited to share this layout with you that I created using the papers from the Prima Grab Bag and one of the stamps from the Tattered Angels Architectural Trims.. Those stamps are amazing and I am finding more and more uses for them..  

so, here is my project for today's reveal:

This layout will have a photo of my dad who passed away last February.. I just don't have the strength yet to rummage through his old photos.. all in due time  :)
I wanted to play around with the papers for this layout.. so, I cut some and rolled them into little rolls, which I glued down to the bottom right hand corner using Helmar quick drying adhesive, adding some paper swirls and then ribbon..


I wanted to stick with the black and white, but then decided to add the little blue flowers because my dad had light blue eyes.. I thought it added a nice touch of accent color to the layout..
I once again added Crackle Accents to the face of the clock, but you can't see the crackle cause the base of the clock is black..LOL  another lesson learned..LOL


I found a Prima Lace Rosette in my stash and then hand journaled the date he passed away on the top..  I love how versatile these papers are.. You can use them for any occasion!!


and the stamping.. Oh how I love these stamps.. I used the Brick work stamp and Ranger Embossing ink, with White Embossing powder.. Then heat set it.. I love it!! looks pretty cool.. I thought about rubbing some Black ink on it, but then at the last minute decided to just leave it as is.. 

and for supplies used:
From the Your Memories Here store:


From my own stash:
prima Rosette
flowers, ribbon, feather, liquid pearls, cardstock and white embossing powder.
the font I cut with my Cricut Expression..

I really love how this layout turned out..Trying to keep it semi simple by just using the papers and some embossed stamping.. I know in my heart my dad would of loved this.. he used to like watching me create..
I want to thank you lovely ladies for stopping by today and checking out my Monday project..
I certainly hope I have inspired you to get out your papers and stamps and get crafting..  :)
I hope everyone has a wonderfully crafty week..
Hugs