November 20, 2011

Repurposing Fun








Good Morning Blogland!

This week I decided to repurpose a memo board I had purchased some time ago. It used to sit upon my desk here in the office with photo just attached to it and it was rather nice but boring at the same time. So last night after I got home from work and it was silent (the hubby was at a CCW class and the daughter was in PA with her friends) I turned up the music and started to play! I pulled the board apart and grabbed my warm white paint...I layered it on quite thick so it covered the cherry wood finish completely.

The black frame around the outside was painted using a gold metallic paint from my stash. I purposely left the inner edges their original colours so it gave shadow and depth to the overall piece. I then reached for the gorgeous Alla Prima A4 stack of papers and proceeded to choose my paper for the background. I love the softer tones to this paper and it goes well with the outcome I was hoping for. The flowers are the birdy vine are leftovers from my Grab Bag and they suit the project to perfection! Adding just the right amount of bling without being over the top!

The wooden mirror surround is from my stash and I spritzed it with some Glimmer Mist. I used my Big Shot to cut the houses,inking them with two distress inks and laid them at the base of the frame. The floral peat was MESSY to use but I loved the dimension it gave the overall project. Once we get a family photo for the holiday season done I will have it enlarged to go into this frame and hang it happily in my office :)

I hope you liked the project...I am really thrilled with the outcome!

Have a great week!