November 6, 2011

Sensationally Lazy Sunday!

Good Morning Blogland!!!

It is a gorgeous morning here in Ohio...the sun is shining and the sky is blue...just gorgeous outside! Why am I so upbeat today you may ask...because this is my weekend off work...and I have thoroughly needed this to recoup. I have slept in, had a lazy day at the local Historic Society Museum (which was rather interesting actually!) watched movies with my husband and in general just relaxed. I needed this one weekend a month to breathe and I got my project for today finished ahead of time which is always a good thing!

I bought this little mailbox a few weeks ago and had some plan forming in the back of my mind....so when I received happy mail from Kristina this week I knew exactly what I was going to do! I used some of the North Country papers to cover the mailbox after I painted it a Warm White colour. I them inked all edges of the mailbox with Distress Ink in Fire Brick Red,covered the flag with more North Country goodness and edged it with Fire Brick Red Distress Stickles. I had the beautiful stems in my stash so I cut them into workable pieces and attached them the back of my mailbox before arranging the gorgeous Prima flowers on the top....the little birdie was in my stash (he was a Christmas ornament from last year that I had to have!) I trimmed the door with some Prima Ribbon that I had as well.
I love my Happy Mailbox...and now I need to find it a new home.