November 27, 2011

A Special Gift For Some Very Special People.

Good Afternoon blogland!

I am sorry this posting is rather late in the day but I had to deliver this gift today before I could post it out in public.For those who do not know when I started working at Autozone I was working with a young guy from New York. We became fast friends and and his girlfriend at the time also became a friend of mine. James and Aly are remarkable people. They are magic to watch as a couple and I have a huge affection for them both. They moved to North Carolina earlier this year and I miss working with James immensley....but his career has taken a turn for the best and so has Aly's since they have been down there.
So when James called me almost 2 months ago and told me he had purchased a ring to propose I was beside myself! As cheesy as this is going to sound he is like a son to me...with the bonus of being a great friend. So when he told me how he was going to propose etc I was almost as excited as he was as he planned it all. So the time passed and finally I got the text saying she had said YES! (like there was ever a doubt she would!)
So I set about making a tiny album using manilla tags for them to place a few photos from that wonderful proposal. I wanted to use the gorgeous new Printery range from Prima as it is so elegant and will highlight their photos from that night.
I used some of the new Prima bling as well throughout the album. I inked all edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint. I edged in Distress Stickles in Antique Linen. On the d-ring I knotted various colours of seam binding and in the middle I have used a Marion Smith Vintage Resin Drop. It was a rpoject made with love for special people in my life....and the smiles when they opened it today at lunch was well worth it :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by loved ones and that it was a safe one!

Until next weekend.....