November 10, 2011

Words to live by part 1





I've got the start of what I hope will be a great project for ya'll today. I've seen this around and in fact even read through the class at BPS over it. What is it? It is a Words To Live By mini-album. Now I don't normally do the whole mini-album thing, but I really kept coming back to this one. It's one I will leave out and leat others read and ponder too. Words take up places and can carry lots of power so I wanted to album to be serious with a side of whimsy. The cover you see today is my whimsy. I have been wanting to use this prima paper since I got it but never had a chance...until now. I covered cut 6x6 chipboard with this great travel paper and then whited washed it with a mix of white and gold paint to tone down the pattern. To really mute it down I then flicked some fun Big Apply glam. From some of the leftover paper I cut out an envelope to play on the word TO. I stamped 'live by'. The letters were stamped on white c/s and sponged with Vintage Photo ink. To help those letters stand out a little more I sprayed a white Prima flower with Red Pepper color wash and Old Lace GM. Once the flower was glued down, I used thin pop dots for the letters in 'words' and thicker dots for the envelope. I love the deminsion it give yet can still be handled lots. I can't wait to work on the pages inside and show them to ya'll...