January 8, 2013

A Memory Lives Forever - Altered Shipping Tag

Good afternoon everyone! I hope you are all having a great week thus far. Just think, tomorrow is the middle of the week and it will be half over for most, as far as work weeks go! That is always something to look forward to. 

Today I have a tag I created using the Out of the Blue Prima kit that is still available in the YMH Store.  The kit is full of wonderful goodies. I'm in love with the fairy papers. Fairies are a favorite of mine, so I really fell in love with this collection! 

I used some of the paper from the kit for the tag, as well as to stamp my sentiment on. The flowers are also from the kit as well. The wooden ticket is from a Summer 2012 CHA Prima Grab bag. (There are still two sizes available in the store!) The ticket is from the Tea Thyme collection. 



The tag has a vintage romantic feel. I'm not sure what I will do with this one just yet. I was thinking about making a display for all of my tags. This way I can change them out.  Tim Holtz has a Configurations Print tray which is sold in the store that would be great to fill with various size tags, momentos and other odds and ends. I have been thinking about getting one to use for some of my tags that are similar in theme, to create one large piece of art. What do you think? 

Here are a couple of close ups of the tag. 


The flowers from the Out of the Blue kit are so pretty! I love mixing and matching them. 

I used some old twine I have to add a tie to the top so it can be hung if needed. I tend to stick to neutral colors as often as I can so that they can easily be paired with other projects and supplies. :) It is one thing I try to keep in common with the majority of my work. Is there a common theme in your work or supplies? 

YMH Products Used:

Thanks for stopping in today! I will see you next week!