January 15, 2013

Create the World YOU want to See

Hi there, and good afternoon everyone! Today I have a canvas to share that I made using lots of products from the Your Memories Here store. I tried to use as few products from other stores as possible. The majority of everything on this canvas is from Your Memories Here and the wonderful kits/grab bags Kristina sells! 


The background of my canvas was covered with papers from the Out of the Blue kit which contains lovely Prima Fairy Belle papers.  The tree was cut out of patterned paper from my North Country paper pad which is in the North Country kit in the store. I used Creative Inspirations Paint to cover my background so that the patterned papers would still be slightly visible. The tree also has some of the paint on it in addition to some Prima Stamps and acrylic paints. The flowers are made from Prima Say it in Crystals from one of the kits. The leaves on the tree were from a CHA Summer 2012 Grab Bag that I cut down smaller so that they would fit on my tree and where adhered with Helmar 450 Quick Dry.  Lots more CI Paints, acrylic paints, Faber-Castell pens and stamps were used throughout the piece. 

The sun/heart at the top was made using a technique I learned from Christy Tomlinson. All it is is tin foil shaped like a heart and covered in old book paper. Many of my mixed media pieces are inspired by here work... it is just so bright and colorful!!! After the papers had dried, I used my paints on it and added a sticker phrase from Cosmo Cricket. 


Here is the canvas from the side. As you can see, I made sure to add color to the sides. I also took my stamp pad along the edges for some more texture. This is a MUST when making a mixed media project. You can almost never have enough texture on your project! 


Keep in mind, not only from the piece I have shared today, but from some of the other non-traditional projects that my fellow DT gals make, that your scrapbooking supplies don't just have to be used for layouts, cards and tags, but can be altered and utilized for so much more! Get creative, messy and HAVE FUN!!!