January 1, 2013

Learn to Pause... a tag using Prima

Good afternoon! Emily here with a tag I made using some goodies from the Your Memories Here store. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year! I can hardly believe that it is already 2013!! I will have to get used to writing that on my paperwork from now on! 

For today, I created a tag using some of the wonderful Prima products that were in my Summer CHA Grab Bag! I still have so many things left to use from the bag, it's crazy! There are still some Grab Bags left in the store, so get yourself one as a New Year gift while you still can! There are even some Winter Grab Bags left as well. 

For the tag I used some packaging from some Prima flowers for one side of my tag. The packaging Prima makes is all reusable which I love! Talk about saving planet earth and reusing! 

I added the flower, a couple of stamps, the pins and my sentiment to the front side of the tag. Before I added them, I used some Distress Stain to make the tag look a bit more aged. After the stain was added I sprayed the tag with water and used my heat gun to dry it. I love the water splotches that this creates! The antique silver paint is a shimmery paint I added to bring out the silver of the pins. I also added some of the paint to the pins and flower. 

Here is a bit of a close up for you... 

On the back side of the tag I used the Craftsman stamps, along with more Distress Stain and some shimmery paint. The distressed look never gets old and is a great way to go, especially if you are making something for a man, or want your work to be a little less feminine. 


YMH Store Products Used:
(Craftsman Clear Stamps, Craftsman metal pins, Pierott Black Flowers)



Before I go, I want to remind you that there are still three sizes of special Prima Grab Bags half off in the store! These are only on sale for a limited time, so get them while you can!!! 

Have a great day and enjoy the rest of your week! I'll see you next Tuesday!!!!