June 24, 2013

BIG Baby Girl Card & a Lil' Challenge with Heidi

IMG_1550

I work in an elementary school and we are always celebrating someone whether it's for a wedding or a new baby. On the other hand sometimes, unfortunately, it might be acknowledging a death in a colleague's family. Recently, we were collecting for a teacher who is about to bring a baby girl into his family. I kept seeing these "store bought" cards being passed around and finally put a stop to it. I offered to create this card to be shared. Now, I normally create smaller cards-your "standard" card size for those of us that make them. This time I had to create something bigger so it could be signed inside for the many staff members at the school. The size of this card is 8.5X5.5 which led itself to a new design challenge for me. How do I make the design make sense over such a large area to work with? 

This challenge was made a ton easier when I grabbed new goodies from Your Memories Here. I recently picked up the Cottage Farms collection from Pink Paislee. Those gorgeous papers mixed with some Prima flowers from the grab bag offered at Your Memories Here made the perfect combination. I added a few items from my stash, of course. That goes back to my whole philosophy of mixing old with new goodies for a ton of pop! The staff loved the card and I can't wait for the recipient to receive it!