June 10, 2013

ENJOY Wall Art with Heidi NYC

IMG_1433

I LOVE altering items! I have a two drawers and a shelf in my closet that are jam packed with those items to be altered "someday". For this project, I grabbed an oval piece out of the drawer. It felt like the perfect piece to alter using some of the gorgeous Prima papers and flowers that I picked up at Your Memories Here. I covered the piece with some gorgeous Prima paper and highlighted some of the elements on the paper with Rock Candy Stickles. (see the flowers on the right side of the piece?) From there, I altered the letters with Glimmer Mist and Rock Candy again. I love the texture that the Distress Stickles give to just about anything. I added some lace, flowers (of course), bling, trim and butterflies! It is hanging in my art studio-I love how it pops against the beautiful color of my walls.