September 18, 2010

Corner Bookmark

Hi everyone!
Today, I have really easy project- that if you haven't tried- you really should! It's soooo super easy & practical! It's a Corner Bookmark.
Here it is:

The Deets:
To begin, I was inspired by the little fleur de lys-type design on the pattern paper. So to coordinate, I embossed the cardstock with the Fleur de Lis Cuttlebug Embossing folder (luuuuv this design!) and also used a coordinating punch along the edge. The patterned paper is called Cosmo- Urban Cosmo by Prima and I also used a strip of the Colony- Urban Cosmos Prima Paper.
This is what Cosmo looks like:
I cut out 1 of the elements to create the focal point of the bookmark.
I added a 2 Prima flowers layered together (Mini-Rose & Hydrangea). I tucked a couple of Rose Leaves on the sides as well. To finish, I simply added a few Prima pearls. Could not be easier!
Here it is in action:
It is marking the page to one of my fav Rachael Ray recipes: Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Patties with Pan Gravy and Sour Cream-Tomato Smashed Potatoes. That's a mouthful, huh!

All the supplies used to make this bookmark can be found at the YMH Store and more deets on my blog.
Thanks so much for peeking!
Gotta Go!