September 11, 2010

Shabby Blue Bird

It's my day at Your Memories Here and I've created a cute little card for ya'll. I thought I would try my hand at the whole Shabby Chic style again. YMH has this beautiful shimmery paper called Lovebirds by SEI that has birdcages, birds, and keys on one side while the back side is a solid copper color (both sides shimmer). I paired up the paper with some cream lace found at YMH and some Maya Road chipboard cut outs that I've had for awhile but haven't really used. The base of the card is vanilla c/s with a text image stamped in Antique Linen Distress Ink and sponged on the edges to give it some age. I then dry rubbed some pearl paint to give it a little something extra when light hit. Next I punched the scallop boarder from some coral cardstock as a base for the cream lace. I raised the SEI paper on pop dots so the lace would cause any bumps underneath it.



The branch got a coat of Walnut Stain Distress Crackle Paint and then once dried I rubbed in some of the Pearl paint. My sweet little blue bird was base painted with a coral pink and then covered with Broken China Distress Crackle Paint. I love how the pink just peeks through the cracks. As a bonus, I put the paint on thick is some parts and thin in others so that I could get a variation of crack sizes. For the eye I used a light blue rhinestone from Prima that also came from YMH.

I had lots of fun with this card and it came together surprisingly fast (got love using the heat gun on the paints to quicken their drying time, lol). I think that maybe, just maybe, I'm getting the hang of this Shabby Chic thing :)