September 18, 2010

Shabby Autumn

Here's another shabby card for ya'll. I'm really likeing this style, and it works so well with the autumn/fall season that is upon us. It so fun trying out new styles and techniques. The flower I created for my card is a bigger version of the flower you can find at my post here. I really love that it was made from a paperbag and that it was so easy to make. The paper took the glimmer mist so well too. I use Tattered Angels Golden Terracotta and Tiger Lily (you can find many colors at Your Memories Here). I only wish the pictures could do the glimmer justice. The paper used came from YMH as well, and I really like how it lends itself to not only autumn/fall season but the shabby chic style too. The lace ribbon I used for the leaves and the edge of the DP strip and the three half perals is from YMH and can be found under Prima (and who doesn't love them some Prima right, lol). For the center of my flowers I used a clear epoxy circle thingy that I stuck on top of a 1/2" circle I punched out of some DP. Just a little something extra to a already cute flower.