September 25, 2010

Fall is coming

I decided to put together a cute little gift set (at least I think that's what you can call it) for today's project. I card with a matching corner bookmark.The tree stamp, lace, half pearls, and the designer paper can all be found at the YMH store. She really does have some great stuff and I can't wait to get my latest order from here :) So many things I have planned for it and I'm hoping work with slow down enough to allow me to really play. Fall is in the air and I felt like creating something for it :)

I got this supe cute tree from YMH that I thought would go perfect with this little outdoor theme I've created. To give it a little rustic look I used the cracked glass technique after I sponged the edges. It turned out perfect! I also decided to add some brown half pearls from YMH to the butterflies bodies to give them a little something extra. The lace and designer paper also came from YMH.

The butterfly is popped up on thicker foam while the tree image is on the thinner foam to fit over the lace.

I just loved the background I created on the card and the effect of the cracked glass with the image that I decided to create a little corner bookmark that I've been seeing lately. I used the same cute little tree image and stamped the background so that it could be paired with the card. I added some faux stitching around the bookmark and used a border punch. This is my first time in making one of these, and I discovered that they were fairly use to make. I so see more of these in my future for my book loving friends.