November 28, 2012

Barbie Has It All

Hi everyone!  Nancy here today to share with you a project I made for my daughter and her Barbie collection.

If you are like me and have girls that love Barbie, you are probably always finding Barbie shoes.  I decided to create a little "dresser" for Barbie to hold some of her accessories in;  you know, those shoes, brushes, and other accessories that always seem to be getting misplaced.
I used the Candy Box Sizzix die (don't forget to ask Kristina to pick one up for you if you don't have it) to create three separate boxes.  I painted the boxes and then covered them using the gorgeous Cashmere Dame collection from Glitz papers.
After painting the top with a coat of Rock Candy Crackle Paint I added some beautiful Prima blooms and bling 
And finally added buttons to the drawer fronts to complete the look.  These drawers are actually quite large and will easily hold dozens of Barbie shoes in each compartment.

What girl wouldn't love holding some little treasures in these sweet boxes?

Hugs.

Nancy