November 4, 2012

Welcome to Paris a Day Book with DeNetra


Hey everyone ! I hope you all are having a great weekend. I have been relaxing.
Today I am sharing a day book with you ! I used the Welcome to Paris line by Prima.
Very nice collection.

I decided to bring out the brown, tan, tones of the paper. I love it. 






















Here I used the letter stamp that comes in the matching stamp set. I made it look old using distress stains and water.

















Here is one of the Prima Canvas resist pieces. I absolutely love these ! You have to add some to your stash.
















Here I made my own Gesso...I wanted the white wash with texture. I love what it adds...I hope you can see the detail.


















Here is a shot of the book semi open...






















***To Make "gesso" 
Add sea salt (for smaller grains using table salt)
White paint 
a dab of water 
and mod podge  to a bowl or cup....you could also use Helmar Decoupage & Craft Paste for a thicker feel.
Mix and mix....
add it to your project...be sure to heat set it with a heat gun...this brings out that texture and dies it fast.

Thanks for spending a few moments with me today !
You can find wonderful products to make your very own day book at THE STORE !