February 12, 2013

Let Your Dreams Take Flight - Mixed Media


Hello and good evening!  Emily here with a mixed media canvas I made to share with you this week which incorporates a lot of smaller items from the various Prima Grab Bags and kits which are sold in the store. For this particular canvas I have used items from the Summer 2012 CHA Grab Bag and the Prima North Country Bundle. 

I've been making brightly colored projects recently, and this canvas was no exception. I wanted a feel of spring/summer to it, which is why I chose the bright colors. 

If you didn't already notice, my tree is made of Prima Resist Canvas Clocks and Gears from the Craftsman Collection. I misted them with a green mist, added some more shimmery paint, and added them to my tree trunk for the leaves. The trunk is from the North Country paper pad. 



All of the flowers on the lower half of the canvas are from the North Country Bundle as well. I cut some plastic flower doilys in half for grass and stained them green with my ink. 

I pulled the butterflys from the Grab Bag, which are from the Zephyr Collection by Prima. I added some more color to them with some paint. They felt too bland without paint on them. The paint helps them blend in with the rest of the canvas. 

Here are some other views of the canvas...


Thank you so much for stopping in this evening! Have a great night!