February 19, 2013

Love the Art Inside You

Good afternoon YMH fans! Emily here today with a shipping tag I altered using a few items you can find in the Your Memories Here Store. 

For my tag, I first used a stencil and modeling paste to create the herringbone design. After it dried, I colored the tag with various mists including Trunk Bay and Patina Glimmer mists from the store. 

Check out the color...

After the mists had dried, I used a Prima Build a Swirl stamp to add more texture to the tag and heart. You can't really see the swirls, but you can see some texture. :) I used some Say it in Crystal Hearts by Prima on the heart and on my chipboard arrow. A sketch pen was used to add doodling, words and to trace around the modeling paste, heart and arrow for more dimension. I used Helmar Zapdots to give the heart dimension, and so it would stand out among the other textures already on the tag. 

As you can see, in a small tag, you can get a LOT of texture and dimension! It's one of my favorite things about doing mixed media work... the amount of layering and dimension you can add to even a small area! 

To purchase any of the products from the store used in my tag today, please click on the image of the product below. :) 





Thank you for stopping by today! Enjoy your week!