February 9, 2013

Mixed Media ATC

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is keeping safe in the East from all these snow storms! Yikes!
I wanted to share with you today a series of ATCs that I've made. I'm going to share the first one
today and then the next two on the following Saturdays. I finally got a chance to play with the FUN
Craftsman Grab Bag. This is such a versatile bag of gems! It has some terrific embellishments that can
add that special touch to any project.
For this first ATC, I am using some self-adhesive chipboard pieces....the hand, gear and lightbulb. To start, I pulled out my Faber-Castell Gelatos with a paint brush and some water to create a background. Then, I took my Prima chalk inks  and used a gear stamp from the Craftsman stamp collection available with the grab bag and stamped over the Gelato bkgd. To finish, I stamped yet another Craftman sentiment stamp that says "Dude....wow!..serious" and then applied the chipboard pieces. Lastly, a wood button, also a part of the grab bag, was added to give it dimension. I really like the look of the mixed media/steampunk feel to it. So, why not create a really neat one for yourself today? Make sure to stop by and visit Your Memories Here for some fabulous crafty goodness and start make some memorable ATC collections for yourself!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!