February 5, 2013

Music holds the key...

Since I can remember, music has been a very important part of my life. I remember riding in the car with my mom or dad and them playing oldies music, classic country or classic rock. My mom used to sing around the house. As I grew older, I developed my own taste in music, largely influenced by what I listened to as a child. Music is very important. It is a language all it's own. That is why I created the tag I have to share with you today using some lovely items from the Your Memories Here store

I wanted the tag to be distressed and simple with minimal embellishments. I used Distress Stain in Vintage Photo to color the tag and added water to help blend it into and all over the tag. I used an music notes acrylic stamp to stamp the music notes over the tag. I took Prima flowers from my Summer 2012 Prima Grab Bag and from my Prima North Country kit to embellish the tag on the top and bottom corners. 


I created the heart using a stencil and modeling paste which I then colored with paints. The key was from my parents farm in one of the many boxes of vintage items we cleaned off of the farm that my dad gave to me. I was really happy to get them! 


I used the same colored paint I used on my heart on my flower and on the key as well. It helped bring all of the pieces together. 


I hope you have enjoyed my tag today... thank you for stopping by! I will see you next week!