March 27, 2013

Easter Nest Tutorial

Hi everyone!  Nancy here today to share with you a quick little Easter project.  A sweet little nest full of sparkly eggs.

I began by dying a bit of seam binding with some Glimmer Mists and cutting 1/4 inch strips of Kraft Core with my deckle edge cutter. I used two different colors of the cardstock for this project.

I attached the ends of the cardstock together to make two long strips (each was about 4 feet long) and gave them a quick crinkle.
 And began making a simple, loose braid.
Once I had my braid together I just looped the strip on top of itself to create a nest shape, adding in a bit of lace for extra texture.
I filled my nest with a couple of decoupaged eggs I made using some Prima Londonerry papers from an older Prima Grab bag.
For a finishing touch I added a few Prima flowers and another bit of dyed seam binding.

This was a quick and simple project to make and it has quite a bit of impact on my Easter table.  Maybe one for each place setting?  hmmmmmm

Happy Spring

Hugs.

Nancy