March 19, 2013

Springtime Thoughts

Now that the days are longer, the sun is out sooner, and stays out longer I am constantly thinking of how close we are to Spring! And Spring means flowers, butterflies, green leaves, green grass, and warmer weather! 

Because Spring is on the mind, I had to make this cute canvas to share with you today, using products from the Your Memories Here store. 


The canvas was super simple to create. I took the canvas, and decoupaged some patterned paper on the background using Helmar Decoupage. After it dried, I added acrylic paints in blues and greens over the papers to create the sky and grass. 

Stamps were used in various places over the background using the Build a Swirls Stamp Set by Prima along with some others. I used the same stamps on the other elements of the canvas as well, such as the flowers and butterfly which are from the Summer CHA Prima Grab Bag

I created the flower stems using book paper that I had inked with Distress Stain in Bundled Sage and Crushed Olive. Modeling paste mixed with alcohol ink created the grass like texture on the bottom of the canvas. More Distress Stain in the two colors used on the stems was added to the paste. 

I added Tattered Rose and Crushed Olive Distress Stickles to the leaves for some added texture. They were stamped on after the Stickles had dried. 

To finish off the piece I added the quote, doodles, some rubons. 

Here are some close ups of the piece so that you can see the texture. 


Below are the products used from the store. Feel free to click on any of them to take you to them in the store! 





I hope that my canvas has brought you Spring thoughts! 

Have a wonderful day!!