March 12, 2013

Shabby Shadow Box



Shabby and me do not go well together from my past experience trying it out. However, the project I have for you today seemed to work out pretty well. I used some great products that you can find in the Your Memories Here Store to create it. 

I only recently discovered the Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Configurations boxes, and was instantly hooked. These are so fun to play with. You can use them for shadow boxes, as a canvas, or both! 

I used mine for a bit of both. I flipped over some of the boxes and made them look like drawers simply by covering them in some Prima papers, Distress stain, acrylic paint, and then adding a button for the handle. Super simple but really cute! I did adhere them to the box so that they can't be pulled out since they aren't actually working drawers. 

I left two of the boxes flipped open so they are mini shadow boxes.  I added a charm from my Summer 2012 CHA Prima Grab Bag to one of the boxes and a spool wrapped in some lovely lace in the other. The entire piece was topped off with some Prima Flowers. 


It turns out this piece will be headed to a restaurant in the St. Charles, MO area where my brother works. It fits the decor and they would like to have it! I was so thrilled to hear that they wanted it! My brother will be delivering it to them this week. I will take photos of it once it is in it's new home. 

Here are some close ups... 

The following products from the store were used in today's project: 


Hope you enjoyed today's shabby box! See you next week!