March 22, 2011

Art for a Cause

Hi All! Hope your week is going well. It's Kristina here today with a piece of art and video to share.
Marion Smith (of A Piece of Craft) had a Ustream show asking fellow crafters to make a 4"x4"- 3 dimensional art piece in the style of vintage grunge-y and then send it to her so that she can place them all together in a collage of one (or more depending on the number of pieces she receives) large art piece to auction off for a very special charity called Reese's Rainbow. Reese's Rainbow provides assistance to special needs orphan adoption - you can read more about it HERE.
So my contribution is this tile:

It's not really a "tile" but a 4"x4" of chipboard covered in decorative paper. You can make one too if you want to donate it to Marion for her art collage.
And in case you wanted to know how I made mine here are the supply details along with a video I made while working on it (there is no speaking in the video since I sped it up for the sake of time - so you can mute it if you would rather not hear the music)

I used a K and company printed paper that I inked with Distress inks in Old Paper and Vintage Photo. I stamped the piece with the Prima 'chicken wire' Stamp and Stazon Timber Brown ink. The white wooden frame is Chatterbox and I inked it with Vintage Photo Distress ink. The Owl is a Tattered Angels Glimmer Chip that I colored with my art markers. The crystal flower vine is Prima and the little flowers are Prima velvet flowers leftover from a Live with Prima kit. The lace trim is also Prima and I sprayed it with Tattered Angels Vanilla Breeze Glimmer Mist.
I think that's all - but if you have any questions, please leave a comment.

Have a great day!