March 5, 2011

Musical Butterfly and a Sweet Gift Box

For my card, I saw this amazing card at the Embellish blog and wanted to try it out myself as a CASE. I used some amazing Prima lace and half pearls that you can pick up at YMH. I used a wood embossing folder for the long kraft paper, but I only embossed the side that would be seen along the opening edge. You'll notice the butterfly layer is higher due to foam dots. I also added the half pearls in the corners for a little extra something. I also crumpled up the purple layer for some more added deminsion.





On my second project I used some grade paper from YMH as well as more half pearls and the amazing yellow Prima flowers. I also coated the flower with some TA Chandelier Glitter Glam from YMH. I think it'll be a super cute little gift package for a little pick-me-up. What you can't see (because I forgot to take pictures) is that I did all four sides of the holder with the same gray and patterned paper. A quck and easy way to dress up a plain holder.