October 11, 2011

SPOOK-tacular Frame...more dollar store decor!


Hey y'all! I'm back again to share some more dollar store decor that is sure to dress up your home just right for Halloween! See, as most of ya know, Halloween is our favorite holiday here in the Beshear household. And, like a lot of crafters out there right now, I'm a crafter on a budget. This project I'm showing ya today cost me $1 buck...yep, just a dollar cause all I had to buy was the frame. So, I'm here to show you how to make the most of your goodies while getting the most bang for your buck...by using your scraps, shopping your local dollar tree & scoring some amazing deals at Your Memories Here! I've designed for YMH for over a year now & am so happy to do so. I love sharing how just a few products can really jazz up a project, as well as how to get the most out of things. Kristina, YMH owner, is absolutely fabulous & really does have some amazing bargains....so check them out HERE in the YMH Store!


Okay, so my little spooky project started out with a frame from my local dollar tree, just like last week's home decor project did. You can check that shabby Halloween frame out HERE. Then I started using some fun products like Tattered Angels stamps, mists & papers, as well as some Prima papers & a Donna Downey stamp...most of these items can be found RIGHT HERE in the YMH Store too. I'm tellin' y'all, one stop shopping rules...lol! This project is fab-u-lous for scraps. That's actually what I made it all out of too, which makes it even better. And you can make one too cause it is soooo easy....just grab you a frame, measure your papers, and embellish to your little heart's content. You can't go wrong with this project so don't be afraid to make it yours!

Supplies
Twine - The Twinery
Numbers - American Craft Thickers (rain boot font)
Flocked Letters - Dollar General
Sentiment Stamps - Studio G
Ink - Staz On
Patterned Paper - Authentique, Reminisce
Cardstock Stickers - Target
Dimensional Stickers - Wal Mart
Adhesive - Pop Dots, Aileen's Fast Grab Tacky Glue
Frame - Dollar Tree


So there you have it...easy & inexpensive, but totally cute, Halloween decor for the crafter on a budget. Now, what are you gonna make? I would love to see it! I'd also love it if you hopped on over to the YMH Store for terrific products HERE. Make sure to check back for more Halloween/Fall projects comin' your way, and as always I'd love it if you'd visit my blog HERE. Until next week, Happy Craftin'!!