October 2, 2011

Wreaths Are My Obsession!


Good afternoon everyone...

For anyone who knows me even in the slightest they will know that since I moved here to the USA that I have become slightly obsessed with the wreaths that people place on their front doors. If I had the ability and time I would have a new one for every day of the year LOL! I love that they can represent so many things or occassions in our lives. In Australia the only time you have a wreath on your front door is at Christmas time...here you can have them for every single holiday on the calendar or simply because you want something beautiful and welcoming on your front door. They are an amazing extension on your home...and so for today I decided to make an attempt at my very first one to hang on my door....and being that the colours of fall are the theme of our home decor...that is just how I decorated mine.I picked up the willow wreath at the dollar store and had some remnants of brown felt in my stash which I wrapped around the wreath securing it with my trusty hot glue gun. I then set to snipping apart various leaves and berries from my stash of things I have picked up at various craft stores. No home decor project is ever complete for me without splashes of Prima goodness! I had leftover from various Live With Prima kits that I have purchased in the store HERE. I finished the wreath off with some wired burgundy ribbon to hang it by on my door. I am rather happy with my first attempt at a wreath & I am sure it will only spur me to make others for various seasons and holidays.

Dont forget that YMH had all your crafty goodies and that there is currently a wonderful sale going on for this weekend only...FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $45....so pop on over and grab those goodies!!