September 21, 2011

Dimension - Technique


Hi everyone, Nancy here with a fun new technique to share.

As you know, I love playing with my supplies and finding cool new ways to use them.  One of my favorite supplies is Glimmer Mist and since I have a new love in Ranger's Multi Medium I thought...hmmm, how would these work together?  I have seen people mix gesso and mist...what about these?
For this project I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Scarlett, Ranger's Multi Medium in matte, a Crafter's Workshop stencil, an old gift card and some craft sticks.
I began by placing a dollop of the multi medium on my mat.
I sprayed a bit (1 pump) of the Glimmer Mist onto my medium and...
stirred with the craft stick
I placed my stencil over my cardstock...
and used the old gift card to pull the medium across.
I ended up with some great dimensional texture that I left to dry overnight.  The matte Multi Medium has a great, wax-like appearance once dry.
With a quick sentiment stamp and a piece of older Prima Marketing paper, it became a cute card.
These cards are a little more simple than I usually make, but I just loved the detail and dimension that this technique offered.


Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy