September 11, 2011

Trying To Find...

Inspiration today is difficult. Today is a very sombre day here in the USA. It marks the most horrific day in our modern history and there are no words to bring solace or comfort for many. May all those who received their angel wings 10 years ago today be forever blessed and those who still keep us safe to this day & forever more....God bless you all.

I was challenged to make a card by our lovely store owner Kristina and so I made one over the course of a few days. I fussed over my stash of papers trying to come up with something special for this post but alas I do not own any papers that are patriotic in colour nor theme. So instead I reached for the Cosmo Cricket Flueriste Collection. It was the perfect paper for a vintage looking card and it suited the idea that was beginning to form in my head (the scary place that can be!) I also used some of the Ranger Distress Stickles in Antique Linen to gild the cage. I used the amazingly talented Tim Holtz Alterations Die with the bird and the cage....absolutely love that!
I used some of the marvellous Scrap Dots for the 3d effects on this card. Now I will admit I have never ever used this product in the 6 odd years I have been scrapbooking...but WOW what a gem it is!! Easy to use AND it does exactly what it says it will. I used some pearls to accent the base of the cage and the top for the hanging of it. And what project would be complete without some yummy Prima Lace. There you have my card...it was fun to make and I love the end result..so I want to thank Kristina for the challenge....sometimes it helps us when we are stuck in a creative rut to have a friend give us a fun challenge....so perhaps challenge yourself to make a card this week.....if you do please post a link here in the comments so we can all leave you some love :)

Have a wonderful week.