September 23, 2011

You're so Sweet

Good Morning....Sandi here today sharing a layout with goodies from the Your Memories Here Store. I was inspired to do this layout after seeing this  quilt in a Sears Catalog and the Sketch at Once Upon a Sketch.




It didn't really turn out the way I envisioned it would and was one of those layouts that sapped all my mojo....just glad it's finished.The papers are from some old My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus line. I cut 2" squares using 3 different papers and just glued to a piece of cardstock using Helmar Glue. The Ric rak is made from paper and you can make it using this Martha Stewart Punch
Just punch a strip and then cut along the top
And then cut again
Each strip will give you 2 pieces of ricrak in 2 sizes
I also made the bling using Ranger Dimensional Pearls in expresso...you can find the tutorial on my blog. I did some inking with Distress Inks in Old Paper and added Stickles to the letters. I hand sewed the word "sew" by first writing the word on a piece of paper, laid it where I wanted the word to be and just pierced holes following the script.
 
I also stamped the photo frame using Tattered Angels Architectural Trim Clear Stamps.
 The quote on the photo is a 7 Gypsies rubon that says" The best things in life aren't things". I then pleated some brown satin ribbon, added some Prima lace and a few dollops of pink liquid pearls...voila...finally completed after 3 trys of adding and then tearing off and adding again. Be sure to visit the store for all your scrapping supplies and I would love it if you visited my blog. That's it for me until next Friday...have a great weekend!


Sandi