September 4, 2012

let your DREAMS take FLIGHT

Good afternoon everyone! Emily here with a project I created to share with you for my first post back here as a Your Memories Here designer. I am extremely honored to be back again and working with a fantastic group of gals and for an AWESOME store!! 

For this weeks project I decided to start on a project I am doing for my daughter's room. I've decided to redecorate. In the process of looking for things to put in her room, I found some vintage, shabby frames. Immediately I knew what I would do. I made a frame with a decorative canvas and quote in it!:)

This project is super easy, and can be done cheap and with a few products from the Your Memories Here store: 

I used the following from the store for this particular frame:
I also used:
Black Ink pad
Modeling Paste
Gesso
Scissors
Sketch pen
Box cutter or Craft knife
Canvas board
Decorative Frame

Here is what the frame and canvas looks like when finished... 


To create this I did the following: 

I first cut my canvas board into an oval to fit into the frame using my box cutter in addition to my scissors. After the canvas was cut out, I covered the entire canvas in Gesso to prime it. After it dried I covered it using my Helmar Decoupage with my Prima paper.  Using a Glimmer screen, I used my modeling paste to create some dimension like using a stencil. I then sprayed my Glimmer and Chalkboard mists over the stencil while it was still on the side of my canvas. This left the outline of the butterfly along with adding some color. 

I removed my screen and used my heat gun to help the drying process along. I used some gesso along the outside of the butterfly. I also added some more Glimmer and Chalkboard mists and finally used my Distress ink to go over the paste on the butterfly. I used my fingers for blending. Some older Prima stamps were used to stamp some additional texture around the canvas. I added Websters Pages Jewels to the antenna of the butterfly. (If we do not currently carry an item in stock, always remember you can contact the store and it can be ordered for you!!)

The final step was printing out my quote, cutting it out, coloring it with some Glimmer Mist and adhering it with some more Decoupage. I used my sketch pen for outlining and doodling. 


It is a super simple project that you can create for really cheap with a few things from the store plus stuff you may already have at home! 


Thank you for stopping by today and joining me for my project today!