September 1, 2012

Memories art journal page

Hello! hello! hello! My name is Sue and I'm a new designer on the YMH Design Team! I'm so happy to be nominated to this position and I look forward to many more interactions with everyone in the future! 
I wanted to share with you an art journal page that I created as a tribute to my late dad using some products from the Prima Romance Novel Collection as well as some items from the Prima Meadowlark Collection which are available at Your Memories Here. The Romance Collection is a Pre-order item you can find HERE as part of the new CHA Summer Release. While  the Meadowlark Collection can be found HERE  that is still available from the Winter CHA release. I love the look of Prima with it's warm vintage style and playful, bright colored edge. I felt it was the perfect choice for a masculine themed layout that could also accommodate a feminine flair as well.







.In addition to the beautiful Prima products, there are other art supplies that are invaluable to me in creating art journal pages. One is the Ranger distress pads. With the other being Claudine Helmuth's Matte Multi-Medium and Gesso.These help me to achieve fantastic textures and layers. 

Here, I demonstrate some different techniques. First, applying some Gesso to prep the page then using some "found objects" at home, namely, a piece of left over plastic mesh stamped with Ranger distress ink, a small argyle pattern emerges. Using some Prima Clear Stamps. I add some details keeping in mind some of the things my dad most enjoyed. The added "bling" is a Prima adhesive called Say it with Pearls. An embellishment included in the Meadowlark Collection as well as the canvas textured alterable cutouts.  As a side, If you were not aware, don't throw away the Prima packaging! it can be used also! as I used a chipboard insert to create another layer under the little girl.

 I hope this creation has inspired you and implore you to visit Kristina's beautiful store and pick up some for yourself today! Kristina's fast shipping and courteous service are what set her apart from other craft stores.