September 18, 2012

Live What You Love

Good Morning! It's Emily, with another framed canvas I created for my daughter's room using some wonderful products from Your Memories Here

After the first framed canvas was created, I decided I wanted to do a butterfly theme to all of the frames. Basically, there will be a butterfly, part of a butterfly, or several butterflies in every canvas that I create for Serenity's room. I plan on hanging them all together on the same wall. 

Similar to this, except not as a headboard:
Photo from Shrimp Salad Circus

And so, I present my next framed canvas in the series.... 

I fussy cut the flower punch out from the Pastiche Prima paper and the green background is the backside to the Prima Just Us Togetherness paper.  The flowers were decoupaged on using Helmar's Decoupage paste, which is AWESOME. I replaced some of my paper leaves with Prima fabric ones to add texture.  I used some Faber Castell Gelato's in red and a Golden color on the two different colored flowers. This, mixed with some shimmery paint created a lovely effect and texture on the flowers. It gives them a painted look. I think I will use some more Gelato's on the leaves as well to keep the painted texture look. :) 


Supplies Used:
Prima: Pastiche - Butterfly Wings
Prima: Lovely Fabric Leaves - green
Unity Stamps
StazOn Ink
Canvas
Frame

I took some close up shots of various parts of the canvas which you can see below. 


Thank you for stopping in, and remember, if you haven't already gotten your Prima Grab Bag from Summer CHA, order it now! Kristina has some fabulous deals going on the Grab Bags!