September 11, 2012

Love You Always and Have a Lovely Day

Good Morning! Emily here with two cards that I made using lovely goodies from the Your Memories Here Store!

The first card I have was made using all Prima Marketing products with a little bit of Webster's Pages. The papers and flower are both by Prima and the gem trim is by Websters Pages. 

Prima Paper: Flirty Little Secret - Memoirs
Prima Flower: Coventry Rose Printery
Gems: Websters Pages 

I absolutely love this patterned paper and how it already looks like it is stamped on, so instead of adding any more papers to it, I decided to keep it simple. I used white gesso around the edges of the patterned paper and in a spot towards the bottom so that I could stamp my sentiment on it. I used a dry brush to apply the gesso. 


I didn't have the exact color I wanted for the sentiment, so I applied a midnight blue color to my stamp with an evergreen color applied over that. It was the first time I tried this technique, so I tested it out several times until I got it the way I wanted it to look. :) This is a good reason to always have scrap papers around. 


For my second card, I decided I would use some of my Websters Pages goodies I have, which can also be purchased from the store. I loved the kite paper so much, I decided to create a larger version of the kites to hold my sentiment. 
Websters Pages: Petite papers - Sunday Picnic & Everyday Poetry
Websters Pages Trim: Let's Celebrate Trim
Gems
Twine

This card was super easy to make, and a lot of fun. There are so many fun papers out there that you can draw inspiration from for your projects. This was one of those cases. I loved the kites, so I made a larger one for the same card I used the kite paper on. And it worked out well. 

Below are two more views of the kite card...




 If you are looking for a particular item that is not in stock by one of the manufacturers Your Memories Here carries, feel free to use the CONTACT FORM to request an item. Items can be ordered by request. :) Personally, I LOVE that option! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Enjoy the rest of your week and I will see you next Tuesday!