August 26, 2011

Altered Frame

Good morning....It's Sandi posting today and sharing a frame I made using goodies from Your Memories Here Store. I followed Julie Fei- Fan Balzer's awesome tutorial on the Prima Ustream Channel....love her tutorials. She is so much fun!Julie made it look so easy but I made such a mess and had to do so many coats and my gesso ended up looking like frozen green peas that had been in the freezer way too long. Here is a before and after of the frame(that's hubby and myself in the first frame...lol)
I first painted the frame teal, then added gesso over a Tattered Angels Fanciful Stencil.I then added some gold  paint and then watered down some brown paint but it just didn't look right so I then used black paint,Glimmer Mist, more black paint and then more mist....it just went on and on!!! 

My photo was too small for the frame so I stamped a mat using Tattered Angels Architectural-Trims clear stamps with Distress Ink in Old Paper and painted with Glimmer Mist. I also sprayed the Prima Flower and some cheesecloth that I tucked in behind the flower.
Here is a close up of the green pea effect
I then added Prima Trim and a little heart trinket and glued it all down with Helmar Adhesive(really good stuff). You can buy all those wonderful goodies at Your Memories Here so be sure to check it out!!! Would love for you to visit my blog and I wish you all a FABULOUS weekend!