August 14, 2011

Tim Holtz Configurations.

Morning Everyone :)

This week I decided to play around with a Tim Holtz Configuration. I absolutely loved it! I used an old farmers almanac for the paper as well as some of an old roll from a piano that you inserted and it had the slots in it to make music...(dont remember what they are called lol) I used lots of Decoupage paste to put this beauty together. Once it was all together I aged it up a little more with some sanding of the edges and wiping some Distress Ink in Vintage Photo lightly over the edging. The feet are Tim Holtz and I just adore them!

On the inside of each little compartment I wanted it to reflect tiny tokens of a forgotten time in a family... So we have a mini topiary ...I just shrunk it down somewhat.
The metal lock & Key and the main flower I had left over from this amazing KIT and the bottom shelf is things I pulled off a vine I picked up at a home decor store..the last of the vine in on the top behind the flower.
I hope you like this cute little box....I am going to be putting it on the antique cabinet in our bathroom ....kind of fitting if you ask me.

I hope this inspires you just a little to play outside the box. Have a fabulous Sunday and I do hope you will visit me over HERE to see what else I have been up too!