August 16, 2011

He's Our Best Friend...


Hi y'all! I'm back again today to share my usual Your Memories Here DT post, but this time the focus is on our gorgeous fur baby, Sidney! See, our Sid is a special Boxer boy. We rescued him 5 years ago from a local shelter & he has been such a joy, not to mention an adventure as well! We love him so very much...especially his sweet kisses & clowning around. When I found this Basic Grey paper from the Max & Whiskers collection at a super duper sale for 75% off I knew exactly what I wanted to do! Only problem is I needed some matching letters & ribbon, which is where my Tattered Angels mists from the Your Memories Here Store came in super handy!! You can grab the colors I used HERE!

The yellow ribbon is some fabulous Tim Holtz product (originally a beautiful shabby white) that dyes so easily. And although it looks like I only used one shade, it is actually two colors to get the just right shade of yellow to match the LO. I used Tattered Angels Chalboard Mists in Alaskan Salmon & Firefly for the ribbon, while I used Tattered Angels Chalboard Mist in Peacock & Glimmer Mist in Fall Breeze for the flocked letters. These flocked letters I snagged for a buck at my local Dollar Store take color so amazingly well. I just love that with Tattered Angels products I can customize anything to suit my needs...which is definitely cost effective too. Oh, and that fabulous orange ribbon? Prima Marketing, of course! I just love it so much! And while I used my Tim Holtz Distress Ink on the photo like I always do, I used some new Jenny Bowlin ink in Spice Tin to edge everything else.


Supplies 
Cardstock - Cloud 9 Design
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey (max & whiskers collection)
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress (walnut stain), Jenny Bowlin (spice tin )
Letters -  My Little Shoebox (yellow), Dollar Store (large flocked)
Punches - Martha Stewart, Stampin' Up
Adhesives - Glue Glider Pro, Pop Dots, Aileen's Fast Grab Tacky Glue


Thanks so very much for stopping by! I always love to read all of your comments cause they mean so much to me...you guys rock!! You'll definitely want to check out the YMH Store for some great new products by clicking HERE. As always, if you'd like some more information or just want to visit, stop by my blog HERE. Would love to see you there! Until next time, Happy Craftin'!